Thank you for your interest in the Phalen Leadership Academies (PLA). PLA provides a rigorous and well-rounded learning experience for our scholars, and we aim to create a welcoming environment for all parents.
We know that you are your child’s first and most important teacher. We also know that you are our most important partner in ensuring that our scholars achieve everything they are capable of achieving. At PLA, we actively work to partner with you to ensure that your child receives an exceptional education. Below, you can find some of the ways in which we work to partner with our families:
- We hold a Parent Orientation, where we share our vision for your child’s education;
- Teachers provide regular reports on your child’s progress;
- Parent-teacher conferences enable you to meet with your child’s teacher;
- We invite you to attend field trips, to sit in on classes, or participate in other ways, and;
- We hold fun family events and parent events such as “All Pro Dads.”
We look forward to working with you to ensure that we provide the best education possible for your child.
We currently have Academies at the following locations:
- George and Veronica Phalen Leadership Academy (GVPLA) – 2323 N. Illinois St., Indianapolis
- Phalen Leadership Academy at School #93 (PLA@93) – 7151 E 35th S., Indianapolis
- Phalen Leadership Academy at School #103 (PLA@103) – 3920 Baker Drive, Indianapolis
Phalen Leadership Academies are open to all children, do not charge a tuition, and do not have special entrance requirements. Each applicant will receive equal consideration. Per Indiana Law, children with siblings enrolled at any Phalen Leadership Academy will receive priority placement.
Upcoming Event: 7th-9th Grade Spring Open House
We invite NEW & CURRENT students and families to attend our annual 7th-9th grade Spring Open House! Please click here to pre-register for the open house, or visit our campus to register on-site.
- What: 7th – 9th Grade Spring Open House
- When: Tuesday, May 8 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Where: James & Rosemary Phalen Leadership Academy, 4352 Mitthoeffer Road, Indianapolis, IN
Attending an open house on our campus is an excellent opportunity to experience James & Rosemary Phalen Leadership Academy. While on campus, you will be able to:
- Interact with teachers and students in various grade levels;
- Learn about our curriculum and program;
- Go on a student-led tour of our campus;
- Learn about clubs, activities, and athletics; and
- Attend the “Phalen Welcome” at 7:00 PM (gymnasium).
We look forward to having you visit us!
To download a scholar handbook for the year, click here.
Our calendars for the 2017-2018 school year can be found below:
- GVPLA 17-18 School Calendar
- PLA@93 17-18 School Calendar
- PLA@103 17-18 School Calendar
- JRPLA 17-18 School Calendar
Our calendars for the 2018-2019 school year can be found below:
- GVPLA 18-19 School Calendar
- PLA@93 18-19 School Calendar
- PLA@103 18-19 School Calendar
- JRPLA 18-19 School Calendar
- TLJA 18-19 School Calendar
PLA Dress Code
We believe that a dress code is an important way to build school culture, teamwork and collaboration. Below you will find the PLA dress code policy:
Scholar Supplies List
Below are the recommended supplies that will help ensure that your child is set up for success from the first day of school:
Lists of specific supplies that scholars at JRPLA/PLA Middle School will need will be distributed directly when school begins.
College Scholarship Opportunities
It is never too early to be planning for your child’s future. We are excited to share three amazing scholarships that can help your child attend and graduate college.
You can apply to these programs for your child. If accepted, s/he can get money to attend school, extra support and guidance, special honors, and more. Your child could even attend college for free! Click the links below to find out more and for contact information:
Preschool at PLA
Early education is one of the best ways that you could ensure your child’s success in school. If you have a four-year-old and are looking for a high quality preschool program, learn more about what we offer by clicking on the link below: