The Phalen model is specifically designed to raise the achievement of our children by providing a rigorous, personalized, and well-rounded educational experience. Core elements of our model include:
- Rigorous curriculum;
- Data-driven, small-group, and standards-aligned instruction;
- Rigorous, standards-aligned interim assessments;
- High quality training and professional development;
- Coaching cycles that develop and retain teachers;
- Hands-on, enrichment learning experiences for all scholars; and
- Authentic partnerships with parents.
At some schools, where resources allow, we also integrate technology in a “blended learning” approach. Scholars have access to adaptive learning software that customizes content based on each scholar’s skill level to complement great teaching. This enables our scholars who are behind to catch up more quickly, and help those who are on grade level accelerate their progress towards the mastery of key academic skills even faster.