Phalen Leadership Academies (PLA) is a turnaround and charter school operator with a proven track record of transforming underperforming schools into high-quality schools.
- is a non-profit organization founded in 2013
- currently serves 6,000 children in 14 schools in Indianapolis, IN; Fort Wayne, IN; Gary, IN; Merillville, IN; Detroit, MI; and Tampa, FL
- works with authorizers and school systems to manage and help improve performance in underperforming schools
- has turned 5 Indiana F-rated schools into A-Rated Schools
- operates independent tuition-free charter schools
- is known for its transformational education model
The PLA education model has several unique elements that drive the strong growth of our scholars. Rigorous curriculum; high quality professional development; a coaching cycle that develops teachers; enrichment opportunities for scholars; and authentic partnerships with parents and the community are just a few of the elements that drive success for PLA scholars.