On behalf of the staff at A+ Arts Academy, we welcome all new and returning students and families to the 2020-2021 school year! Thank you for choosing A+ Arts Academy as your school of choice. We are pleased you have decided to enroll your child at A+ Arts Academy for the upcoming school year.
The mission of the A+ Arts Academy is to be a highly visible school known for producing responsible and accountable students who demonstrate a strong sense of self-worth, leadership, and moral values, ultimately becoming exceptional citizens.
At A+ Arts Academy, we aim to be more than a school by providing our scholars and families with:
- Certified, licensed, professional and compassionate teachers
- Small class sizes in a smaller school environment
- A commitment to academic success
- A strong focus on visual and performance art: graphic design, band, choir, drama, dance & more
- Experiential learning through community engagement
- A rich variety of field trips and field learning experiences
- A full gymnasium along with two physical education classes each week
- Transportation provided by Columbus City Schools and other local districts
- Free breakfast, lunch and after school snacks
- Free after-school programming provided by our long-time partners, the After-School All-Stars
The school day for the Fair and Maybury campuses is from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Breakfast will be served between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m., and elementary students will be considered tardy after 9:00 a.m. The school day for the Napoleon campus is from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and breakfast will be served from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Middle school students will be considered tardy after 8:00 a.m.
As always, we are committed to providing your child with the high-quality education you have come to expect and deserve. We encourage you to get involved in your child’s learning experience at home and in the classroom. We look forward to working with you and our community partners to educate our students.
We encourage our parents/guardians to take pride in guiding and supporting their scholar’s learning by making sure that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time ready to learn
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Read at least 20 minutes each night to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Share his/her school experiences daily so that you are aware of school life
- Makes you aware of the struggles he/she might be experiencing in the classroom
- Is receiving encouragement from you to be successful in school
Parent/guardian completes an enrollment packet and furnishes the following additional information:
- Birth Certificate.
- Immunization Records: must be up to date.
- Social Security Card.
- Custody Papers, if applicable.
- Proof of address.
- Most recent report card showing the last grade successfully completed.
- Birth Certificate.
- All previous school records, if possible.